Animal Care Manager | Full Time
Full Time| $52K+
Experienced and responsible Animal Care Manager desired to oversee small team in meeting the daily health and enrichment needs of each of our farm and exotic animal ambassadors. As the Animal Care Manager you will be responsible for meeting all existing USDA, FWC & Mandalay Farms Facility standards, as well as making recommendations to improve department efficiency and programming.
- Hiring/Training/Managing Animal Caretakers and Keepers
- Ensuring that all husbandry and enrichment standards are executed and maintained by our animal caretakers, grooms, stablehands and keepers.
- Communicating the daily care needs to the animal care team
- Ensuring that facility is always clean and safe for animals and visitors.
- Closely monitoring the appearance and behavior of all animals for signs that may indicate illnesses or injury, and responding quickly and appropriately to address the issues.
- Maintaining detailed records of animal histories, daily observances, health records, training records and veterinary care.
- Manage private tour bookings (scheduling, assigning tour guides, collecting payment & waivers, etc.)
- Feeds animals in accordance with nutritional and behavioral requirements as specified in written diet plan
- Tend to the specialized care of various species including trimming nails, grooming, bathing, brushing teeth and weighing animals
- Assists in conducting animal behavior training and operant conditioning of outreach and ambassador animals
- Participates in capturing, crating and transporting animals as needed;
- A passion for animals and animal care
- 3 years management experience in animal related business
- min. 5 years experience as a zookeeper
- min. 3 years experience with equines
- Animal Sciences degree (preferred)
- Enthusiasm for continued education and a willingness to conduct ongoing research about best practices in animal husbandry
- Must be able to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends on a varied work schedule
- Willingness to provide Overnight care as required due to illness, pregnancy or hurricane
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, bend, lift, stoop, push, pull and work for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use tools and operate small equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in Florida’s varied climates, including summer
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary based on experience & salary history