Animal Care Managers | Full Time
Full Time| $50K per year
Mandalay Farms is hiring two experienced and responsible Animal Care Managers to oversee small team in meeting the daily health and enrichment needs of each of our equine, farm and exotic animal ambassadors. This position offers the rare ability to balance quality of life with passion for working with animals and facilitating quality human-animal interactions. As the Animal Care Manager you will be responsible for meeting all existing USDA, FWC & Mandalay Farms Facility standards and providing mutually beneficial and engaging programming in line with our philosophy.
- Hiring/Training/Managing animal care team
- Ensuring that all husbandry and enrichment standards are executed and maintained by our animal care team.
- Communicating the daily care needs to the animal care team
- Ensuring that facility is always clean and safe for animals and visitors.
- Closely monitoring the appearance and behavior of all animals for signs that may indicate illnesses or injury, and responding quickly and appropriately to address the issues.
- Maintaining detailed records of animal histories, daily observances, health records, training records and veterinary care.
- Manage private tour bookings (scheduling, assigning tour guides, collecting payment & waivers, etc.)
- Feeds animals in accordance with nutritional and behavioral requirements as specified in written diet plan
- Tend to the specialized care of various species including trimming nails, grooming, bathing, brushing teeth and weighing animals
- Assists in conducting animal behavior training and operant conditioning of outreach and ambassador animals
- Participates in capturing, crating and transporting animals as needed;
- A passion for animals and animal care
- 3 years management experience in animal related business
- minimum of 5 years experience working with equines or exotic animals
- Enthusiasm for continued education and a willingness to conduct ongoing research about best practices in animal husbandry
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, bend, lift, stoop, push, pull and work for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use tools and operate small equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors in Florida’s varied climates, including summer
This shared position is offered on a 4-3 rotation. This means that one week you work 4 days per week (40-45 hours) and the second week you work (30-35 hours).
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary based on experience & salary history
Paid vacation time
Retention bonus 2 years 10%; 3 years 15%, and 5 years 20%